losmi87

AMD optimization

16 posts in this topic

When will you finally optimized the game for AMD users becasue small patch you did only afected few palyers, me personaly and few friends still have AMD issues which makes this game unplayable. And in order to test it we need to play it which is imposible while geting 12-20 frames all the time. Hurry up with that!!!

Nobody can tell you a def time frame because from the last update iv seen there is discussion between the Squad and Unreal Engine Devs about the VOIP handling but the UE4 devs are not recognising an issue on their end and now another contender for the blame may have joined the fray in Microsoft with something to do with low level sound processing that is single threaded.  As you can imagine the source of the issue itself is not quite clear and so no fix can be implemented that will work for everyone until the source is 100% verified and the 3rd party that may be responsable is willing to acknowledge and cooperate with a fix. 

Even if they could (or do) patch it, you won't get similar performance as those with Intel. AMD CPUs may have more cores or similar to their counterparts, but they are notoriously weaker per core than Intel. I doubt any patch can really help AMD CPU users.

If you took sometime mate OP,there's loads of topics about AMD's,our DEVs are working hard for a fix,hopefully when the new animation is introduced we gonna have better performances.

From one AMD to another,chill or do what I've desided, buy a better Chip.

So he's is the state of amd. It's not a squad issues, and not entirely unreal. It's is more Microsoft dx11 side and amd. All are working together to solve the prob. Game is currently threaded to 1 core, which amd fx doesn't have the per core efficiencies. So it is xaudio dx11 pushes to the cpu single core which is a Microsoft product. 

Here is a list if fixes and overhauls we will be seeing this summer for amd. 

1. Dx12-pretty much will double the performance of cpus making games run much more efficiently. 

2. Dev are rebuilding the animation system so it isn't so heavy and more efficient. Will help

3. More unspecified performance fixes released by all people involved in the future. 

this is still an alpha to help fund the greatest game ever. 

5 hours ago, QualityHD said:

It's not Squad; it's the engine. The devs can't do much about it.

It's AMD. The devs just have too much respect to tell you otherwise. There is a reason you pay a premium for Nvidia, its because it works. AMD just doesn't cut it and some gamers aren't willing to accept that. Coming from and AMD and Nvidia consumer.

10 minutes ago, Devon said:

It's AMD. The devs just have too much respect to tell you otherwise. There is a reason you pay a premium for Nvidia, its because it works. AMD just doesn't cut it and some gamers aren't willing to accept that. Coming from and AMD and Nvidia consumer.

You do know that AMD Cards are not the problem but the CPU´s at the moment, right?

invisible.nin/SINE likes this

1 hour ago, Devon said:

Not only has it to do with the CPU as koschilein wrote already, but it also has to do with EPIC, you likely never even heard of them if you assume AMD and OWI are the only two parts involved in that whole issue.

I am having major fps issues as well but I am wondering about the whole video card vs cpu debate.  I keep hearing two different things but I am not sure what is correct.

I have an i7 cpu but a amd r9300 video card.  Right now I have everything set to low and still get only 35-40 fps on some maps (70 man servers).  This is pretty much a brand new video card, I bought it during Christmas.  I even bought a 3dmark test on steam and it basically says my computer is somewhere around the 85th percentile which to me means that it should run all current games with a good frame rate.

Are people here saying that if I replace my amd video card with a comparable nvidia video card that my fps will dramatically increase?  I mean the r9 300 series amd card I bought is supposed to be pretty good.  I think I paid over 300 dollars for it. 

I should mention that in an empty server I do get over 100 fps but in a 70 man server I get around 35-40 fps (all on the lowest settings). 

21 hours ago, King Baldwin IV said:

I should mention that in an empty server I do get over 100 fps but in a 70 man server I get around 35-40 fps (all on the lowest settings).  

That's not an AMD GPU specific issue. I get the same with a 780ti + i7. Hopefully the animation fix will help a lot. If you check your GPU usage on the full server it will probably only be 60% utilised.