-Steve-

Signatures

86 posts in this topic

Due to the lack of restrictions on signature sizes up to this time many of the signatures have become too big.  This has caused many to mention the oversized signatures as distracting and sometimes even annoying.  With this in mind we are going to impose some very distinct changes to the signature structure. 

You will be allowed 1 image which will be restricted to 350x150.

You will be allowed 1 line of text.

You will be allowed 1 url.

Here is an example of what it will be similar too with the above mentioned restrictions.

squadsigtest.jpg

This is my line of text. It isnt much I agree but it is all that Im going to type for now.

http://mappersunited.com

This will take effect on Monday July 13, 2015.

Thank you for your understanding.

Squad Staff

Im sorry.

One thing was omitted when I first made this Announcement......Please refrain from using .gif images anywhere on the site. 

DAM! :(

Im too big! ;)

is my sig really too big?

According to these new rules; yes. 

According to these new rules; yes. 

yeh going by the rules yes but it isnt stupid big or anything even the sig i created for Irontaxi is too big :unsure:

NFrcP3y.png

maybe something like, 500x188 cause "350x150" is too small in my opinion

WRi0ydc.jpg

Eagle_F15 likes this

maybe something like, 500x188 cause "350x150" is too small in my opinion

WRi0ydc.jpg

That is way too big, in my opinion. Signatures should be just that, a small signature for your post. Either a little piece of artwork, a link to something or a quote of some description. Not an art gallery of wall-sized paintings. It gets particularly obnoxious when multiple people on the same page have these behemoths. It slowly creeps into the attention-seeking 'look at me' territory. 

By forum standards, 350x150 is very generous. 

Seems alright.

Luckily my original image was only 10 pixels too big on each dimension, so it looks essentially no different.

Also, 350x150 is absolutely fine. You really don't need anything larger than that.

Well, i hope the length of my, erm..."sig" is alright for now. It is an old one and i had intended to make a new one at some stage in the future.

It's like ...a whole darn week of my life goofing off with new versions and minor modifications... :unsure:

Well, i hope the length of my, erm..."sig" is alright for now. It is an old one and i had intended to make a new one at some stage in the future.

It's like ...a whole darn week of my life goofing off with new versions and minor modifications... :unsure:

2 minute resize.Looks fine to me.

8502TjP.png

rulie, Zelyth and Rusty Cohle like this

350x150 seems fine. I'd even be happy with smaller. 

Not sure what the rules are about moving sigs, like gifs for example. But I immediately block them all as I find them too distracting. 

Cheers, Murkey. 

does the single image rule preclude gifs? Cause i honestly find them really distracting when trying to read trough a forum.

So Ray, are you saying mine is too big?

Yep, check out my latest post in the countries logo. It has a tip on how to resize without photoshop

Sounds good to me, was wondering when this would come into play. There was no need for a big mess below a message. A tidy signature would do just fine.

Yes! There are a lot of signatures around here that are almost "1024x768",  I'll just have to adjust a bit, mine right now is 400x150.

Dang, mine just can't be scaled down. Gonna have to make a new one.