Litoralis

Squad Enters Closed Pre Alpha 1500 GMT 24 July 2015

285 posts in this topic

I dont mind the playtime only on weekends. But that should have been stated in kickstarter imo. A couple of friends of mine is not very happy about that. Being not told in kickstarter.... I do understand them when they including i, payed alot of money to be able to play during the days we want in the pre alpha. As there was no mention about playtime on weekends only?

The reason that didn't happen was because we made the decision after the kickstarter was over based on the number of people that pledged to the tiers that got them into CPA.  When it comes down to it, if we spread out it across the entire week... 4k players isn't nearly enough to keep populated servers up 24/7.  We need way more than that to do it.

So, quite frankly, this is the only way you are going to get the player density needed to actually play squad.  While it sucks that you wont be able to play whenever you want, it is better this way as the quality of the games you play during that limited time will be increased.  This game simply isn't fun with 10 players in a server.  You need at least 30 to start having fun and 50-60+ to really get into it.  We saw this on the ranger weekend.  

It also helps that we (the devs) have weekdays to hammer out something new each week to play.  

WarFox89, AJAX, Usgu and 1 other like this

Some kinda angry posts in here.. Can't we all just chill out for awhile? I know everyone wants answers to questions, when , when , when.

Guys, we the players, have the easy job. All we have to do is show up and give a little feedback until the game gets official release. My mind boggles as to the work the devs must be doing behind the scenes to make this all happen. Relax and enjoy, we are nearly there now. :)

AJAX, Covertxof, IRONXBAY and 1 other like this

a warrior’s reminder,

With out my rifle i am useless,
I am awake, i respect my enemy, my mind is free,
I am creative, my willpower is strong,
I am brave, i practice patients, i don’t judge,
I give-not to receive, i don’t expect, i accept,
I listen more than i talk, i know i will change,
I know you will change,
I will hold on one more day, pain is good,
I start over when necessary,
I create my own situations,
I am cosmic, i do not have all the answers,
I desire to learn, i am the plan,
I am strong, i am weak, i take on responsibility,
I hide myself from no one,
I am on a path warriors walk alone…

slightly modified Erykah Badu B)

wow i really like this @rulie. Have to write it down somewhere :)

Regarding the week-ends only access to online - it's a bit sucks for me personally because i work at weekends nights (and sleep at weekends days :D ) but i do understand the dev's decision and considerations on this one so i respect and support this decision. Anyway the coming weekend is confirmed off work for me so i'm gonna play Squad alot :D Also remember guys that the developers already mentioned that at some advanced period in development of the CPA or CA we will may (or may not) get access to play online 24/7 just be patient and calm your tits down. we all are super excited about this game :)
farewell friends and loved ones from Friday 24 till Monday :D

wow i really like this @rulie. Have to write it down somewhere :)

No worries mate, you can google the original Erykah Badu warrior’s reminder online. I like her early funky stuff, she's gone a bit alien-children of the stars thing now, who knows, maybe she's right?, what ever floats your boat i guess...

WarFox89 likes this

Family first Taxi! ..you're little guy will grow up so quick. One min you can get a hug and before you know it he's a teenager, smells and won't hug you. Get all the hugs you can get in now mate! :wub:

Family first Taxi! ..you're little guy will grow up so quick. One min you can get a hug and before you know it he's a teenager, smells and won't hug you. Get all the hugs you can get in now mate! :wub:

Indeed Sir!..Family always 1st...Numero Uno!!

WarFox89 likes this

My little girl will be 6 months old at July 26, i so much love her :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  she is the cutest thing on the planet.

Congratulations on your new role as proud parent of a happy and healthy Girl!!...

RD...xxx

WarFox89 likes this

I sat down at my computer at 630am this morning and just got off its 1am. I spent 2 of those hours shopping and taking care of my little guy. If that isnt enough.. man o man... you guys..

Sitting at a computer for that length of time is not good for your health. People have been known to blackout sitting at their computers for that length of time. I hope you take some breaks in between.

I sat down at my computer at 630am this morning and just got off its 1am. I spent 2 of those hours shopping and taking care of my little guy. If that isnt enough.. man o man... you guys..

Dang, man! We definitely appreciate the efforts. Glad you could take a bit of time off before this mad push. 

WarFox89 likes this

wow man, just realized: 18,5 hours (minus 2 hrs for shopping and taking care the kid) working at the PC... you guys make it very hard with yourself :huh:

i hope you guys do realize and appreciate that the devs work day and nights to be able to deliver us the CPA build at the date they designated...

i show my appreciation in a few different ways, mostly spreading the word about Squad, staying active and trying to be friendly/helpful here on the forums and stick up for the devs if people get unreasonable -- and also donating more whenever i can.

i can only imagine the amount of work going into this project. it is a dream come true to see it coming together

koschilein and WarFox89 like this

wow man, just realized: 18,5 hours (minus 2 hrs for shopping and taking care the kid) working at the PC... you guys make it very hard with yourself :huh:
i hope you guys do realize and appreciate that the devs work day and nights to be able to deliver us the CPA build at the date they designated...

We have to with such a small team and fast coming deadlines. Lots of long nights with little sleep to get you guys stable builds with new content. Such is life in video game development.

I told 2 of my friends (1 in Oregon, 1 in Washington) to go to Pax to meet you guys. 

hoping for a miracle one of them actually does.

WarFox89 likes this

Is the Ranger Access Currently unavailable right now? Servers not online?

it's the middle of the week, so no.

servers are only up during the weekends right now

i show my appreciation in a few different ways, mostly spreading the word about Squad, staying active and trying to be friendly/helpful here on the forums and stick up for the devs if people get unreasonable -- and also donating more whenever i can.

i can only imagine the amount of work going into this project. it is a dream come true to see it coming together

You are one of the greatest people here in the forum i must say. You are always polite and you are on the forum like 24/7 to tell the 1000th new guy that they have to just wait a bit for the mail to come. i think you should get a medal or something for it!

Loncar, WarFox89 and Protector like this