Sugar Free

Respawn in moving vehicles or helicopters.

51 posts in this topic

Other than randomly respawning in one area grouped with everyone, why not respawn in a moving armored truck with your squad? Or dropped off by a helicopter as "reinforcement"

This seems like a vague suggestion; could you flesh it out a bit more?

Spawning in one area grouped with people happens because you're either at main, at a FOB that was placed or a rally point; these are specific points that are foundational to the game itself; respawning in a moving armored truck with your squad would make sense if perhaps your squad leader was in one? dropped off by a helicopter can easily happen if you organize to be dropped off by one -- that's what's so great about PR, and what Squad is hoping to be -- emergent, organic gameplay where players organize these sorts of things amongst themselves, and it's not a hard-coded thing built into the game itself.

This seems like a vague suggestion; could you flesh it out a bit more?

Spawning in one area grouped with people happens because you're either at main, at a FOB that was placed or a rally point; these are specific points that are foundational to the game itself; respawning in a moving armored truck with your squad would make sense if perhaps your squad leader was in one? dropped off by a helicopter can easily happen if you organize to be dropped off by one -- that's what's so great about PR, and what Squad is hoping to be -- emergent, organic gameplay where players organize these sorts of things amongst themselves, and it's not a hard-coded thing built into the game itself.

I think he means like you can have armored vehicles that you can spawn in when deployed? 

Not sure if i'd like to see this, the spawn on Squad leader mechanic in RO2 was terrible and I wish it hadn't been a feature. If what you're getting at is 'Park vehicle round corner and squad spawn's off it' then that'd be a bad way of doing it imo.

respawning in a moving armored truck with your squad would make sense if perhaps your squad leader was in one? 

That is the only way I can see it working and even then it'd need testing (like maybe make it so the SL can only spawn so many Squad member's this way per life).

OP, it'd be good if you came back and fleshed out your idea a bit more. Otherwise people are just going to be left here trying to figure out what you meant. 

FrostbiteOperator likes this

This ^

The suggestion would ruin two fundamental features of Squad, FOBs and troop transport. 

Note of interest: I believe spawning in APCs was possible in PR a long time ago.

Lite likes this

It would be cool if you could spawn on a squad vehicle, as long as it was somewhere near another spawnable point, and not near enemies. Thus, the window for opportunity of grabbing a trans vehicle from spawn is widened making trans player's lives easier.

On the other hand, that would purely exist to make an aspect of the game easier (and less realistic), and might even serve to widen the gap between trans and infantry (trans doesn't feel like it really has to wait for infantry, may just leave and not bother waiting long enough), so it is certainly an idea that would need in-game testing.

It's something I plan to add code support for, but whether or not it gets put in the game is up for debate.

I can see it coming in handy for modding.  Perhaps someone wants to create a mod where you can spawn on certain vehicles like large sea landing vehicles and bases a map around an amphibious landing scenario.  

Wont be in until well after early-access if we chose not to add a spawnable vehicle in the base game.  

IRONXBAY likes this

It's something I plan to add code support for, but whether or not it gets put in the game is up to Z-Trooper.

I can see it coming in handy for modding.  Perhaps someone wants to create a mod where you can spawn on certain vehicles.  

Wont be in until well after early-access if we chose not to add a spawnable vehicle in the base game.  

Options are always good, but I think spawning in vehicles would ruin the whole idea of the system PR has. The spawning mechanics are realy realy good as they are right now, transport/supply squads would get useless with this.... leaving the option for modding is a nice thing to have though!

Japub likes this

Keep in mind, Squad is not PR.  We are free to make our own decisions regarding this.  Although we mostly agree with you guys on that and will probably massively limit spawning on vehicles if they are ever added.  

And believe me, this is a topic that is talked about quite a bit internally.  Though, because it's one of those 'well, might be worth trying it' situations, it makes doing code support for it a logical thing to do.  

koschilein likes this

Keep in mind, this is not PR.  We are free to make our own decisions regarding this.  

And believe me, this is a topic that is talked about quite a bit internally.  Though, because it's one of those 'well, might be worth trying it' situations, it makes doing code support for it a logical thing to do.  

I totaly understand and i know this is not PR, but I think your life would be a lot less worth when you could just spawn in a vehicle, for me that would make my fear of death a lot smaller. I mean I only speak for myself but i realy think this should be thought about with realy good care.

Yeah, of course.  Like I said, we mostly agree with the sentiment.   The only thing planned is code support for it at this point of time.  It's just like there is code support to broadcast Kill/Death events ('Player A [Killed] Player B' messages) to everyone, but you guys will never seen it because we have it off (although admins will see teamkill messages next week... a very valid use of that code system).  

koschilein likes this

Yeah, of course.  Like I said, we mostly agree with the sentiment.   The only thing planned is code support for it at this point of time.  It's just like there is code support to broadcast Kill/Death events ('Player A [Killed] Player B' messages) to everyone, but you guys will never seen it because we have it off (although admins will see teamkill messages next week... a very valid use of that code system).  

Thanks for the in depth info about it! I cant wait to shoot y.... ahhh I mean fight with you!

Interesting that somebody start with this theme. 

Well good argue is Squad is not PR 

Spawning in moving vehicle with your team 

+ you dont need to run to catch your squad 

+ you are faster in action 

+ your team is faster bigger 

+ your team dont need to return back for you 

- if vehicle is full. You have to anyway spawn somewhere else. 

- its not neccesarry to spown at moving vehicle anyway. Becuase squad leader can jump out. PLace Really point ... voala. 

- This very easy fast swpawning configuration can easly head to BF series path. 

- This can rapidly change situation on battlefield. When one side very efectivly brought throught line. This broughtrhought are imeddiatly almost usseles and game is less tactic. 

- catch up and regroup is for lots of people very fun part of this kind of game. 

- ruin reinforcements tactics, Pilots in chopers can easly lost works if your squad have ground transporter.

- what could be very annoyin is .. spawn in vehicle and that blow up on mine in second with whole squad (and i can predict that with big chance that this can happen many many times). Your spawning there = minus more ticket than before.  

What could be itneresting compromise is 

Possibility for LAV or some other personal carriers vehicles, chance to "dig in" and fortify (so ready to defence). And switch to temporarly "Spawn point" but no moving available and with deactivation zone if enemy entrance it. Move out from "fortification" will remove spawn point too. 

But its my point of view. 

There are tons of people which want just jump in to action and shooting like hell. And another tons of people which want communication and coordination and more tacticalgameplay which include regroup tactics too. 

Big + in PR style 

Reinforce with your squad and safety regroup is kind of art. Sometimes very complicated. But very interesting and with specific fun (patient, sneaking, hiding, sometimes retreating, or luckly ambushing during it, control emotions) Players can learn a lot about themselves in this situations and not just for game but for real life too. 

I everytime loved hidden teaching potential of PR. 

Keep in mind, Squad is not PR.  We are free to make our own decisions regarding this.  Although we mostly agree with you guys on that and will probably massively limit spawning on vehicles if they are ever added.  

Learn from RO2, heavily limit it or it just becomes annoying, spammy and kill's any sense of Tactical play or realism you were going for. Like you'd just have squad leader's camping round corner's as entire armies spawned off them and it's just an awful system.

Ideally it'd be a system where a Squad leader can just spawn his entire Squad in a vehicle but only do this once per life (Maybe give the Squad leader a 'Force respawn' Command when in a Vehicle so any Dead squadmates would all spawn together at the same time if they were in the Spawn queue).

I think PR got it right in the end and using the system they have today by trail and error , like elerik said by changing it you might take out alot of squad play because of it, so for me i would say no simply because it makes you and your more careful even more in not dieing in the first right  place ? it may kill the focus of building FOB'S and SL pulling back to put down a RP in a safe place from the front line and not to mention killing of the guy's who play as transport squads ,that's was the whole thing about PR that it was a team game and just a squad game.

But that's just my take on it. :)

koschilein and Choosen345 like this

To me spawning on anything whether its an FOB, Rally Point, or a vehicle, all should have one thing in common and that is when they are deployed they are stationery, you can't move said item when they are a deployed asset formed as a part of the respawn system.

They should still fall under all the same restrictions such as limited area of deployment (not near flags) and the deployed vehicle should be for the squad that deployed them only, and when they are deployed they should become "hunkered down" so it takes time to deploy and redeploy said vehicle.

We must remember that we can't take ideas out of the loop just because PR didn't do it, PR had many iterations with many different types of combat, and as someone said before you could spawn on vehicles in transit even.

You might have rose tinted glasses but if Squad is going to have any chance at taking off the community has to stop taking a whip lash approach to suggestions from people who are clearly new to the community, if you just say "NO!" to any suggestion that seems to fall under your preconceived scope of ignorance then your not only going to damage your own reputation but also that of the Squad community.

I get if someone was asking for an lightsaber or ewoks or something which you would go "What?", but a spawning system based around vehicles is not far fetched, I hope the moderators crack down on the knee jerk reaction types, me included, if we say yes or no we should be giving some form of answer as to why, so people understand why, not just "because PR didn't have it!" type of answer.

PR had it and more than once I saw a squad take an Apc and ditch it on a hole just to become a hidden spawn point for the team near a capture area. This was before fob was created in pr. So I would say this can backfire in lots of ways,much be approached with care.

PR had it and more than once I saw a squad take an Apc and ditch it on a hole just to become a hidden spawn point for the team near a capture area. This was before fob was created in pr. So I would say this can backfire in lots of ways,much be approached with care.

Sorry but i did fail to mention this happened in PR.

Dale

You might have rose tinted glasses but if Squad is going to have any chance at taking off the community has to stop taking a whip lash approach to suggestions from people who are clearly new to the community, if you just say "NO!" to any suggestion that seems to fall under your preconceived scope of ignorance then your not only going to damage your own reputation but also that of the Squad community.

I get if someone was asking for an lightsaber or ewoks or something which you would go "What?", but a spawning system based around vehicles is not far fetched, I hope the moderators crack down on the knee jerk reaction types, me included, if we say yes or no we should be giving some form of answer as to why, so people understand why, not just "because PR didn't have it!" type of answer.

Don't pick up on me the wrong way only i am talking about once you implement something into the game you may take something more importantly out because it really is a fine balance ,but then again seen as there will be not many transports at the start of squad it could be something to look at until they do implement more options on transport ?