TTurtle

What Headset Do You Use?

73 posts in this topic

For the best gaming experience, you want the following:

- comfort

- sensitivity so you can hear really quiet sounds

- accurate directional audio

A headset itself will only get you the first two.

Your audio processing hardware (either onboard or external) as well as proper drivers and configuration are the most important.

I can't tell you how many times I've played with people who broke the bank on expensive headsets but have a crappy sound card/onboard or don't know how to configure the software to get the most out of the drivers. I can't speak to how good the latest onboard sound processing is because I have always used Creative sound cards.

Maybe one day I'll write a guide for sound setup in Squad and Windows although there are already many guides out there. Unfortunately a lot of them conflict with each other which only adds to confusion.

IRONXBAY likes this

Everyone here with their expensive ass headseats and im here sitting with these:

<image>

Mine is just a little more expensive than yours.

apple-earpods-01.jpg

Maybe one day I'll write a guide for sound setup in Squad and Windows although there are already many guides out there. Unfortunately a lot of them conflict with each other which only adds to confusion.

You really should, i'd be very interested to read that.

Used a Speedlink Medusa & Razer Barracuda in the past, but they just can't beat my currently owned Sennheiser PC360 G4ME.

Those connected to my Asus Xonar DGX, just rock!  :wub:

Logitech G930 but I had a G35 too which broke a few days ago, after 4 years of service.

I'm using Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset, which have been really awesome considering the price.

I used to have Audio Technica AD900X but wanted something that had a mic.  I was going to get a mod mic but didn't want to mess around with having an extra cable to deal with.

I bought the HyperX cloud based on all the positive reviews but wasn't expecting much from them compared to the audio technicas, BUT I was very surprised with their performance and like the fact that it has a removable mic and they were pretty comfortable.

I would highly recommend them if you're looking for a "gaming" headset.

Recently got a set of these too! My previous gaming headset was a proper proper cheap one.

So far I'm loving the HyperX, I'm still tweaking the sound levels though for PR to get the right balance between game effects and mumble.  There's probably some settings somewhere that I'm missing.

I use Sennheiser HD598s, I had a bit of spare cash when my Astro A40s broke so I decided to invest in a proper setup; bought myself the 598s, a ModMic and an Asus Essence sound card :)

102431_l.jpg

Corsair Gaming H1500 Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset USB Connector w/ Noise Cancelling Mic

This is what I use , very good for $90 Canadian

How realistic is the recreation of 7.1? Is the directionality good and discernable enough?

Currently I use this older set.....

rayheadphones.jpg

But once Squad releases and I have saved up my allowance Im going to upgrade to these bad boys!!!!

tincanphone.jpg

koschilein likes this

I highly recommend the Sennheiser PC360 headset. I love mine. I can wear them all day and the sound is superb to my ears. I'm no audiophile.

I believe they've since been updated and are called the Sennheiser G4ME ONE BLACK PC Gaming Headset.

square_louped_PC360.jpg

andersjg likes this

I highly recommend the Sennheiser PC360 headset. I love mine. I can wear them all day and the sound is superb to my ears. I'm no audiophile.

I believe they've since been updated and are called the Sennheiser G4ME ONE BLACK PC Gaming Headset.

I used to have a pair, but after 3 years the foam around the cushion started to flake off and it eventually all fell apart. I'm also looking for something that can replicate sounds from different directions. I mean the sennheiser's sound was great, but I'm looking for more features this time around.

Currently Using Sennheiser G4ME One open acoustic headphones.  I purchased them from newegg about 4 months ago.  They are incredibly comfortable and have great sound quality.  I highly recommend them.

818acEiJK3L._SL1500_.jpg

So what Headsets do you guys rock?

Since I'm now in the market for a new one... any products I should avoid like the plague?

TTurtle, I was in the headset market about a year ago. Having owned Turtle Beach, Tritton, and Logitech headsets, i decided to go with the G930's. They have pretty solid sound quality, build is ok, but the comfort....O the Comfort! I can play hours on end without needing to take them off. I understand they are getting a little outdated but if you are going to put the money in, I would get them or the G35 which are the same thing, just wired.

Logitech G930, pretty good.

But 90% of the time I play with speakers and a directional mic so that there is no echo or anything :)

This! ^

I used to have a pair, but after 3 years the foam around the cushion started to flake off and it eventually all fell apart. I'm also looking for something that can replicate sounds from different directions. I mean the sennheiser's sound was great, but I'm looking for more features this time around.

What you need is a sound card or some kind of virtual surround software like Razer Surround. PC360 are pretty much spot on when it comes to positioning, it's the game devs being too lazy to implement proper HRTF surround.

Actually I use the Creative FATAL1TY headset.  I like it.

The one for around 30 Bucks? I played quit a few rounds of PR with that piece, i liked it for the price.

Bought a new Kingston HyperX Cloud II just for Squad. It's super comfortable. The virtual surround sound is not impressive. But I like it overall.

I use a Plantronics 780 headset. The sound is godly. 

Yeah it is really good, however it is not compatible with TrackIR. The head band is too wide for the TrackIR emitter. You need to cut out a chunk with a hand saw from the headband.

Got myself the 388 headset (little brother of the 780) and it also is thin enough to tack on a trackIR.